A holiday to Andaman & Nicobar Islands is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. The Islands though a part of India , is geographically closer to Myanmar and Thailand. It is home to picturesque beaches, powder blue clear water, stunning marine life and some history making it the perfect holiday destination to suit any kind of traveler. Read on to know why we loved Andaman and what to do! We talk about places to visit in Andaman, things to do in Andaman and everything you need to know about that Andaman trip!
The whole of Andaman is like painting on a canvas. Surreal is the word that comes to mind when I think of this popular beach tourist destination.
Places to visit in Andaman and Top things to do in Andaman
I urge you to gear up for some insanely beautiful panoramic views of heaven while I unravel Andaman.
- Scuba Dive and Snorkelling at Havelock – If you havent seen Havelock, you havent been to Andaman! . Havelock is a beautiful island which has the turquoise waters, white sand and all things pretty which made it look like it is straight out of a postcard. Do indulge in some water sports whilst you are here. We highly recommend Scuba Diving with Scubalov . Their pricing is very affordable and we found their staff and instructors to be very professional and knowledgeable. Also very importantly, they used good quality equipments! So you can be sure that you are in safe hands while enjoying your dive. Snorkelling is a cheaper option for those on a shoestring budget! But if you can afford it, I would say go for the dive! Its totally worth it. The experience will leave you spell bound.
- Dig into great sea food- If you are a foodie, then this is the place for you! Its a foodies paradise and you will enjoy the delish food from the tiny shacks, dhabas and cafes! One place we highly recommend is Golden Spoon Restaurant which is situated bang opposite the Fish Market, Havelock Island. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. The food was very good and the service was excellent. During our stay, we would visit this quaint shack for fresh fish and prawns which was cooked to perfection in mild coconut milk and spices.
- Soak up some sun and enjoy Sunset at Neil Island – If you are one of those people who would wait patiently to capture sunset on time lapse mode in your camera, then head to Neil Island. The sun down views are a treat to the eyes and will leave you mesmerized. Another important tip here is – you maybe super tempted to collect shells or dead corals to take back with you as a souvenir for keepsake, but make sure you dont cause you will be checked at the Port Blair Aiport and there are chances you may have Pay A fine too!
- Island hopping- Visit the different islands- Ross Island, Viper Island and North Bay by boat. Each island has its own beauty. You are sure to love Ross Island if you are a history lover! All these islands can be explored in about half a day
- Go on walks and explore the hidden gems- Explore the natural bridge and dead coral! Just walk and be sure to find picture perfect locations for your next Facebook DP.
- Visit Radhanagar Beach – Known for being one of the cleanest beaches of India. The waters are crystal clear and boasts of fine white sand. Its a perfect picnic spot to spend some time with friends and family.
- Hire a bike and drive around Hop on a bike or scooty and enjoy the local feel. Also do not forget to spot and have some cool and sweet coconut water from the local vendors.
- Relax – Take some time out of your sight seeing it just sit idle and do nothing! Experience the peace and tranquility of the place you are in. Maybe you could also bring your favorite novel to read while waiting for the sun to catch or maybe some yoga beach to calm and relax. Do you relax?
Best season to visit Andaman
Nestled in the Bay of Bengal, the main seasons are Winter, summer and monsoon. We planned our trip for the month of January where temperatures remain above 20 degrees throughout. Daytimes are a bit warm and humid while evenings are cooler and pleasant .November to mid-May sees the best weather, and often the best diving conditions in Andaman.
How to reach Andaman
Flights to Andaman are very reasonably priced especially if you book your travels well in advance. Even though we live in Bangalore, we chose Chennai as the tickets were cheaper and we managed to get an excellent deal. Thanks to SpiceJet we got tickets at fabulous prices!
Hope you enjoyed this post on the Top things to do in Andaman. Have you visited Andamans? Do you have any tips to share with our readers? We would love to hear from you!