Hiking in Figaró-Montmany made it to my wish list after I saw my dear friend’s Instagram picture. Abundance of greenery and waterfalls lured me into this trip. If you are looking for some of the best day trips from Barcelona then Figaró-Montmany is a perfect option. This nature heaven is nestled between two natural spaces such as the Cingles de Bertí and the Parc Natural del Montseny. A hike in Figaró-Montmany is the perfect day trip out of the city when you feel overwhelmed by hordes of tourists. If you’re a hiking enthusiast, head up to this park and get lost for an entire day. You’ll be surprised to see abundant greenery and you can also go chasing waterfalls. You can wander along the leafy trails passing by flora, fauna and nearby picturesque mountains and rocks. We recommend this trip not just for the views but also because you can get a good workout by hiking up the hills and trail paths. Without any second thoughts we would surely tag Figaro as one of the Best Hikes around Barcelona.
Hiking in Figaró-Montmany – All you need to know
Even before you read the rest of this article, do check out our Vlog where we have shared some interesting snippets of our Hiking in Figaro- Montmany. The link to our YouTube video can be found HERE
How to travel from Barcelona to Figaro?
You need to take the train Rodalies de Catalunya R3 Vic from Barcelona Sants Station that goes to Figaro. The train journey takes 1 hour to reach Figaro. Upon reaching there, you need to walk a bit (approximately 1.5 kms) to enter the Natural Park premises.
How much does it cost?
There is no entrance fee to get into the park so the hike is completely free. However the train tickets from Barcelona to Figaro cost 4 Euros per person for a one-way trip. So in total it is 8 Euros for one person for a round trip.
How many hiking trails?
There are way too many trail options for anyone who wishes to hike. The distance ranges from 6kms to 80kms. We did the shortest route Sot del Bac that was 6 kms. We took approximately 4 hours as we had several pit stops to take photographs and have snacks.
Is there a Tourism office?
Yes there is a point of information/ tourist office situated about half a kilometre from the railway station. We went there and got a map and found out the hiking options available.
What tips are needed when planning your hike?
- It gets super hot during the summer months, especially when humid so make sure you stay hydrated and bring plenty of water with you. Don’t forget to pack in sufficient fruits, nuts, sandwiches, energy bars etc. to pump yourself up when you’re hungry.
- We recommend you plan your route in advance and bring along a map with you. You can also download the map from Wikiloc Outdoor Navigation GPS. There are several hiking trails you can choose from depending on the level starting from easy to expert only. It’s important to know your level of fitness before you set off. Don’t attempt a hike that is beyond your capabilities.
- Wear a heavy-duty sunscreen.
- Bring a map and plan your route beforehand.
- Check the weather forecast. Weather conditions change in the blink of an eye hence it is very important to keep an eye on the weather. If it’s raining, we suggest you give the hike a miss. The area can be very slushy and slippery. Not a good ground for novice trekkers.
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. It is very important you wear shoes that have a good grip.
- Bring extra clothes with you if you wish to take a dip in the waterfalls.
- Also just wanted to let you all know that we didn’t have any mobile network connectivity once we entered the park area.
If you or your friends are looking for some of the best outdoor spots to hike or chill around Barcelona then Figaró-Montmany is a fantastic option. Do share this post with them and help them plan their trip.
For more such travel posts in Spain do check our homepage. If you are planning to visit Barcelona, then you must read our article on Things to do in Barcelona