Barcelona is one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities we have ever seen and been to. We are super fortunate to now call this spirited and vivacious city our home 🙂 In another 10 days ,we complete 365 days living here and we must say that there has never been a dull or insipid moment here in Barcelona. Its one awesome city that everyone must visit when they plan their trip to Europe.
Every single time we head out to simply wander around the city, we realised that Barcelona is indeed a very instagrammable city. We always chance upon several new places and spots that is total Instagram Goals! Charming streets with splendid and eye catching buildings everywhere. There are just way too many cute places in Barcelona .
So in this post we thought why not share some of these spots with our readers so that you guys could also check out some of Barcelona’s Most Instagram-Worthy Locations (read as the most photogenic places in Barcelona for your Instagram ). Before we move on, if you are on Instagram, then make sure you follow us on Our Instagram page so that we can stay connected. We are pretty active on our Instagram account and do post a lot of pictures that do not make it to our blog. No big deal if you do not own an IG account, you can still check out this post to get to know some of the best places to take pictures in Barcelona.
Best Instagram Spots in Barcelona
Sharing with you below some of our absolute favourite places which would also make some of the best selfie spots in Barcelona. The list is put down in no particular order:)
- La Sagrada Família – Antonio Gaudi’s Vision – the unfinished Church is expected to be completed by the year 2026 easily qualifies for the Top Instagram spots in Barcelona.If you can visit only one place in Barcelona, then it has got to be La Sagrada Familia. The architecture is splendid and it is the most popular tourist attraction in Barcelona. No wonder it is the Most Instagrammable building in Barcelona. If you are eyeing this picture location, then watch out for the park right opposite the church. This location is perfect and makes beautiful pictures in all seasons .
- Casa Vicens (located at Carrer de les Carolines, 20, 08012) is one of the first buildings of Art Nouveau and was the first house designed by Gaudí. The building is now converted into a museum and is open to the public for a fee. We loved the colours used here and the style is quite different from the usual Gaudi style.
- Barcelona Cathedral (located at Pla de la Seu, s/n, 08002) is a magnificent Cathedral which has a rich history behind its existence. If you want to go inside the church for free, then make sure you queue up before 12 noon. If you arrive later, you have to shell out 7 euros to make your way into the Cathedral. If you want a picture in the exact spot as mine, then enter the church and pay 3 euros to get the roof top view. Its totally worth the money and we recommend it.
- Pink Building (located at Carrer de Padua,75,08006) Not very well known amongst tourists, but it is surely very pretty to make its way into your Instagram account. We went in early morning to get a picture in front of the Pink facade without anyone else in the frame. We love the colours!
- Peggy Sue’s Balmes (located at Carrer de Balmes, 24, 08007) Yet another recent discovery and we are indeed doing the happy dance that we stumbled upon this pretty looking cafe. Its a cafe of decent size that serves amazing american food. Go give it a try! Food is great and you will also get that insta picture here.
- Casa Batllo (located at Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007) yet another building designed by our beloved Antonio Gaudi. If you can pay some bucks and get into the building, then trust me there is nothing else like it. You will get some really awesome pictures. What makes this building interesting is that it gets decked up according to the season. During the Catalan Valentines day,its a bed of roses …during winter, its covered in snow balls…Interesting much?
- La Boqueria (located at La Rambla, 91, 08001 )another blogger spot in Barcelona that is a must visit. This market is an explosion of colours. It houses a large variety of choices on display such as seafood, meats, fruit, and vegetables. Even if you dont want to buy anything from the market, we still urge you to drop by La Boqueria. The colours are a treat to ones eyes.
- Parc de la Ciutadella (located at Passeig de Picasso, 21, 08003) A Beautiful park for a stroll or a day picnic. There are several spots where you can get some good pictures. Our favourite is next to the big fountain! If you want to know more about this park then do check out our Youtube Channel where we have vlogged about it.
- Arc de Triomf ( located atPasseig de Lluís Companys, 08003)– Massive archway that is intricately designed and beautiful looking. Its very cowded at all times and is almost impossible to get a picture sans the crowd. Nevertheless we love this photo spot.
- Plaza Catalonia- A very beautiful square bustling with tourists and vendors. Our favourite spot here has got to be in the center of the Square where you will find a flock of pigeons. Its great fun to feed them and click some pictures.
- Hospital de Sant Pau (located at Carrer de Sant Quintí, 89, 08041)- is a beautiful building designed by the Catalan modernisme architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. You will be surprised to know that this beautiful piece of work was a hospital in the past.
How to get to these places? and Why visit them?
- Barcelona is very well connected by metro and bus so you will have absolutely no problem to hop on and off. If you enjoy exploring these places by foot, then there is nothing else like it.
- All of these places mentioned in our blog post ARE ABSOLUTELY FREE except for the Roof Top View at Barcelona Cathedral.
Are there more such photo spots in Barcelona?
Yes indeed! Barcelona has a endless list of sightseeing spots but we thought we will stop with our favourite 10. But no, we ended up giving you 11 locations.We could go on with more but thought we will probably cover them in another blogpost.Hope you enjoyed this post on the most Instagrammable and photogenic locations in Barcelona. Have you been to Barcelona? What are your suggestions ?Let us know in the comments section below.
If you are planning to visit Barcelona , then check our post on Things to do in Barcelona