Hey Guys! Before you jump into my writing, i would like you to watch these two videos 🙂 They are not too long and boring. I promise 🙂
I hope you really enjoyed watching the above videos 🙂 Well whenever i watched the ” Kumari song ” on screen , i always thought it was Director Shankar’s graphics / sets in a place like Ramoji Film City. I refused to believe that such a stunningly beautiful place could exist ! Hailing from the Garden city of India, i always loved flowers. Its very usual to see a lot of gardens and parks in my city . Oh and my favourite flowers are …Any guesses? Not Roses! I love Lillies and Carnations 🙂 So when Mr J said that we are moving to Holland, little did i know i will be visiting those beautiful flower beds that were shot in several movies .
Keukenhof (read as Koo- Ken- Hoff ) is undoubtedly the most beautiful spring garden in the world. ! There are more than 7 million bulbs , with a total of 800 varieties of tulips . The gardens are huge and require one full day to explore. Make sure you do not rush around. Take your time and enjoy the beauty of this paradise :)These gardens are open for a very short period of time (2 months in a year) ! With a warm spring this year, the garden looked spectacular. We were fortunate to have selected the best time to visit. All plants, bulbs and shrubs were in full bloom 🙂 🙂
We also witnessed the flower parade which passed the Keukenhof gardens at 3 pm on 25th April. 2015 is the Van Gogh year in Keukenhof and the highlight is the self portrait of Van Gogh made up of thousands of tulips and the new selfie garden. And , the indoor pavilions had a wedding / love theme which was lovely. The entire space was done up so beautifully.In addition, you can also spot a real windmill which you can enter or even take a boat ride around the tuip fields 🙂 There are also a number of gift shops where you can buy souvenirs and eateries to feed that hungry tummy .
Also, you can hire bikes from Keukenhof and visit the Tulip farms around Lisse.
2016 Opening time -Keukenhof is open from March 24 t / m May 16, 2016.
Ticket Prices – Tickets are €15 for adults and €7,50 for children 4-11 years old. Dogs are allowed if they are on a leash
The Best month to visit – Honestly, there is no “best” time to go because this is dependent on the weather. But i would still say April 🙂
How to get there / Transportation –
- Buy a combi ticket online from Keukenhof’s website.The ticket is €21 for adults, €18 for seniors, and €11 for children 4-11 years old.This ticket wil give you transport by bus ( and return) from Schipol Airport in Amsterdam , every 15 minutes on the 858 service which runs specifically during the park opening times. From Schiphol Airport’s Bus stop, located just outside the airport main plaza to Keukenhof takes about 30 mins.The bus will drop you off at the park gates. The combi ticket also includes the park entrance.
- Or you can rent a car for the day and drive from Amsterdam to the gardens. Parking at the park is € 6 per day
There is WIFI connectivity almost everywhere in the garden 🙂 So you can upload pictures on the go :)There’s a cafe in the garden with affordable price.
A few FACTS
- 62 % of all flower bubls in the world are grown in the Netherlands
- Tulip comes from the Persian word ” Tulipan” which means Turban . This refers to the shape of the tulip bulb
- The flamed or striped tulips were favoured as the most beautiful.
And now my favourite pic 😉
I hope you really liked the pictures 🙂 If you havent been to tulip fields and really want to ,you can see some recommendations below
- Floriade night festival in Canberra, Australia
- Or you could also visit Holland in Michigan for a day out with tulips. Having said that, i must say that nothing can beat the “Keukenhof ” in Netherlands :):)
Catch you in my next post! Untill then bye 🙂